When it comes to nonprofit development, you’ll find that many authors have a tendency to make simple things enormously complex. Quite the contrary, strong development involves learning basic marketing techniques, the value of truly understanding your donor, and, lastly, how to develop simple, consistent systems that tie it all together.
Got a fundraiser on your holiday gift list? Put together a selection of any of these books and I guarantee they’ll be delighted!
Here’s the list, in no particular order:
- Relationship Fundraising – Ken Burnett
- Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion – Robert Cialdini
- Donor Centered Fundraising – Penelope Burke
- The Pollyanna Principles: Reinventing “Nonprofit Organizations” to Create the Future of Our World~ Hildy Gottlieb
- Revolution in the Mailbox – Mal Warwick
- Storytelling for Grantseekers – Cheryl A. Clark
- Keep Your Donors: The Guide to Better Communications & Stronger Relationships – Tom Ahern
- Hidden Gold – Harvey McKinnon
- Marketing to the Affluent – Thomas Stanley
- How to Write Knockout Proposals: What You Must Know (And Say) to Win Funding Every Time – Joseph Barbato
- Fundraising for Social Change by Kim Klein